Monday, November 3, 2008

Rotring vs. Koh-i-noor

About a month ago, I decided to try an additional brand of Rapidograph pen used in technical drawing. In college, I was introduced to Koh-i-noor pens and I used them for years. They produced beautiful lines, but they clog just looking at them. Changing points requires a small wheel which is difficult to even engage onto the pen point and difficult to turn. Along with many other artists, I assumed it was all just part of technical ink drawing.

This all changed when purchased my first .13 mm Rotring pen. Their website states that the pens do not clog. Right. I did not believe it. The claim, however, is true! I have now used their .13 mm for a month and it has not clogged. For any artist who has used Rapidographs, this is nothing short of a miracle! They are also becoming not available in the US! Every artist please stand up and say "We want Rortring!" You will not regret it. No more clogs! Fast point changing! YES!