Thursday, September 27, 2007

Unexpected Change

The day after I wrote my thoughts about roadkill, I noticed the little fawn carcass again by the side of the road. Later that night, I thought about doing a follow-up article on the body slowly deteriorating over time until it became one with the earth, and peace had settled in. I planned on talking about all of the amazing organism that participated in this "recycling" process and how I am in awe of everything on the world -- how organized and wonderfully structured it is. Our "living" planet is like an living oroganism with its cycles of life and death. Each day, I have watched the fawn carcass go through its various stages of approaching the full reccycling process.

It was gone yesterday. People were walking with bags along the side of the highway picking up litter. Apparently, someone had spotted the tiny carcass and taken it away! Where would it go? Would it be put on a trash heap as if it did not matter? Would it be allowed to recycle and become one with the Earth? And what would I end up writing about? Troubling thoughts.

Then I decided to write about change. One thing anyone can always expect, is change. Change always happens. My thoughts of a calming article discussing the wonders of this Earth where shattered... and probably by someone completely unaware of my plans! Hah! Chaos is terrific.