Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alone Time

A room of your own. Wonderful sentiment by a gifted author (although I hate to admit it but I can't make it through one of Woolf's stream of consciousness books).

I realized one thing I like about math and why I need it in my life. It is introversion in the extreme. Today, I did not go to painting class. Painting is not as introverted as it requires physical activity (my canvases are fairly large) and it is putting self on canvas which is extroverted.

I had to have alone time today. My version of alone time was to sit in the library and watch educational DVDs about painters. It was great. Going to class three times a week, being at home with two people, and periodically being invaded with six teen boys (last night, again) became too much for me; so today, I hibernated. Even the kayak trip around the lake with hubby was introverted because hubby and I went periodically in separate directions and would then meet up for awhile. It was a great day; just what I needed. I feel refreshed and ready to go forward tomorrow.