Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Clean Your PC

I am a PC so I do not know how to "clean" a MAC after going out on the Internet. Here is a good idea for PCs:

Every time you finished going out to the net, go to your Internet Options on your Control Panel (I have a shortcut on my Desktop as I follow these instructions OFTEN). On the General tab, under the Browsing History area, I have selected the Delete History on Exit. To clean your PC, click the Delete... button. Make sure the Preserve Favorites Website data is NOT selected, then selected every option on the lower list. Then hit the delete key. Following this procedure helps reduce cookies and trackers installed on your PC by various web sites.

As an additional aside, never ever store passwords for sites on the site. Always type it in every time you go there.