Thursday, October 18, 2007

Many More Classes

Good news came the other day. I was told by Stanford that I could keep taking classes even after Ian graduates. They have an amazing array of classes, and having them online will lead not only to a huge amount of flexibility, but less time involved in traveling form home to somewhere else. I can also take classes while in Ocracoke or ...anywhere.

The classes they offer at the high school level (yes, I am truly starting over in order to build a good foundation) are: Honors Precalculus, Calculus A, Calculus B, Calculus C.

The University classes they offer online are: Linear Algebra, Multivariate Differential Calculus, Multivariate Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Modern Algebra, Real Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, Point-Set Topology, Number Theory, and Logic.

It is an impressive list. Ian looked over my shoulder yesterday while working on a proof and he told me that even in his current Honors Multivariate class at UVA, they are doing proofs as rigorous as those in the Stanford online high school class I am currently taking!