Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feeling Good and Dentistry

My teeth feel so good. I love getting them professionally cleaned. As I have it done every three months, it is also so completely painless and fast. I never have any cavities or gum problems. So glad I have made this age appropriate choice. My son sees the dentist every six months and has had one cavity in his entire life. He does not dread going to the dentist because there is nothing to fear.

Taking responsibility for self by maintaining good health habits like going to the dentist often is not only an expression of loving self but also others. When you take care of yourself, you are less likely to be a burden on others. Yes, you reduce your ability to fear and complain about your teeth or going to the dentist because it is all so pain-free; and it's the adult thing to do. I am glad that my husband and I have taught this attitude to our son. Then, someday, he can propagate this attitude with his children. Passing on good habits and attitudes is the right thing to do.