Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Risk

I love risk; not reckless risk but well calculated risk. I love going 90 in my car with the top down. I do it on straight stretches when vision is clear and the speed limit is 65 or more. I only do it for short stretches.

I think risk is part of why I keep learning (risk adversity may be the reason why some people stop) and taking classes; forever stretching myself and trying to stretch to my limits. Part of it is risk; risk that I may do well and risk that I might struggle or even fail.

Perhaps that is also why the image of a perfect type of Heaven is revolting to me. There would be no risk and not learning; no growing and changing. I have zero desire to have life too safe. To me, a person might as well be dead as to have a completely safe life where everything is always under control and perfect; even of the perfection is an illusion.